Commercial construction trends have been fluctuating over the past decade. Ever since the market crash and the building bubble burst a few years back, the commercial construction industries have been trying to recover. Now that we’re in 2015, here at Baratto Brothers, we’ve been noticing some uplifting trends happening. But you don’t have to take our word for it. According to Dodge Data and Analytics, the commercial construction industry is poised to increase by 11% going into 2016 – which is great news for everyone.
But where will we see this new growth happening? We’ve been asked what trends we’ve seen in the commercial construction industry this year, so without further ado, here’s our Baratto Brothers Construction list of trends as we head into 2016.
- Green is in. Regardless of the type of commercial construction, all across the country we’re seeing a trend toward green and smart building design. The Brainerd Lakes Area is no exception. It seems everyone wants to incorporate some aspect of green construction and this can be anything from sustainable building materials, utilizing renewable energy options, or energy efficient designs, appliances, and materials, or incorporating recycled products and building materials. We’re not just seeing this trend in new construction, either – renovations and remodels are also finding unique ways to ride the green wave.
- Renovations. Retail renovations have been making a comeback in 2015, and we predict that we’ll see this happening as we go forward into 2016. Many of the commercial construction projects we’ve seen are in retail renovations, and especially restaurants and hospitality. This has been a good year to modernize, freshen up, and streamline their look and feel to be more effective, and efficient – not to mention beautiful.
- Multi-family housing. Just take a drive around the Brainerd Lakes Area, or meander through any city in Minnesota and you’ll see the growth happening in the multi-family housing sector. Large apartment complexes and townhomes are popping up all over. Do you have one in your neighborhood?
- Restaurants. New restaurant construction is up, as well as renovations. We’ve had the privilege of working on a number of them this past year, too. Watch our commercial construction gallery page for updates to the projects we’ve been working on this year.
- Tech time. Technology is making its way into the construction industry and has been for a number of years. From enhancing project management, to increasing productivity, and even keeping our workers safe with various mobile apps and SaaS (Software as a Service). In addition, more and more smart homes and smart commercial buildings are going up, requiring a higher level of technology sophistication. Don’t be surprised to see more iPads and laptops at job sites as the commercial construction industry gets more advanced with tying technology in with projects.
If you’re looking to start a new commercial construction project, renovation, or just curious about what we offer at Baratto Brothers, contact us today by filling out our contact form, stopping in to say hello, or by giving us a call at (218) 692-1070. We’re here to help you sift through your options, and come up with an affordable plan that delivers the results you’re looking for. We’ll do everything we can to become your Commercial Builder for Life.