Storm damages are a pain, we get it.
Last Sunday, the Brainerd Lakes Area was reminded that it’s storm and tornado season. A strong storm moved into the area producing up to softball-sized hail and funnel clouds. It then left in a wake of destruction. Trees were downed, causing major damage to houses. There was extensive hail and wind damage to exteriors. During these times, it’s important to know there are experts like us available to help you dig through your options. Not to mention, help get your home back to the way it was before.
According to Home Advisor, the average reported cost for storm damage to a home in America sits at just over $4,500. Of course, depending on the damage and what’s happened to your home, that number can be less or much, much more. At Baratto Brothers, we have the tools and experience to help you get the damage repaired in no time.
Types of Storm Damage
- Roof Damage – The combination of strong winds and softball sized hail we had with our latest storm produced lots of damage to roof tops in the Lakes Area. Shingles peeled up, and the flashings can be damaged. Even new roofs can start to leak if these issues aren’t repaired right away.
- Siding and Window Damage – Hail and strong winds rip or damage the siding on your home and even crack or shatter windows. After a big storm, look for missing or damaged siding, and loose metal trim and soffits. If these are left unrepaired, leaks will develop, making things much worse.
- Deck and Porch Damage – Strong winds can rip off shingles and siding, blow over trees, and tear apart decks and porches. These types of home damage are common in strong storms. Luckily, they’re also easily repaired with the right team and tools.
- Larger Structural Damage – Larger structural damage is typically caused by trees landing on houses and garages. Whole sections of a home can be destroyed in a single storm. Don’t be distraught, though. We can help develop an affordable plan to get your home repaired and back to its former glory.
- Flooded Basements – Even the driest basements can be overcome in a bad storm; turning a living space into a swimming pool. The immediate issues of removing the damage and dealing with potential fungus growth can be overwhelming. Dealing with soil degradation or foundational crumbling is your biggest concern. If your foundation has these issues, it must be dealt with before the basement can be rebuilt. You’ll need a good team who understands the problems that arise with flooded basements and how to spot issues before they become major problems.
- Foundational Issues – Even if your basement doesn’t appear to have water in the lower level, be on the lookout. Bulging walls, semi-wet carpets, or even doors that begin to stick are cause for concern. This could mean the foundation has been compromised. We can help correct the foundation, add in drain tiles, and return the stability to your home.
We’re Here to Help
If you’re in need of making home repairs due to storm damage, Baratto Brothers can help you sift through your insurance claim options. Contact us today by filling out our contact form, stopping in to say hello, or by giving us a call at (218) 692-1070. We’re here to help come up with an affordable plan to get everything back to the way it was. We’ll do all we can to become your Builder for Life.